As an alternative lodging to the mega resorts, Hale Hoʻonanea is located on 3 acres in Kohala Estates (only our mailing address is Waimea/Kamuela) on the beautiful Gold Coast of West Hawaiʻi, playground of ancient Hawaiian royalty. The Hawaiian translation of Hoʻonanea means to pass the time in peace, ease & pleasure, to relax. Guests, both kamaʻaina (local) & visitors alike can experience the tranquility of this healing retreat.
Our Bed & Breakfast accommodations offer separate suites decorated with local art & casual comfort in mind. Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and moonlight on the ocean from your own lanai. Our 900 foot elevation provides us with panoramic ocean views overlooking the Kohala Coast, and temperatures a few degrees cooler than found at sea level, so we are naturally air cooled (no air conditioning). Our weather is usually warm & sunny.
- Whale watch — prime viewing season for humpback whale watching is December through March
- Curl up with a good book
- Go within — listen to therapeutic Hawaiian music
- Relax with a movie — many to choose from
- Ponder the meaning of life under a canopy of stars
- Vacation at your own pace
- Listen to the quiet at Hale Hoʻonanea